22 August 2023
Bangladesh Nationalist Party - BNP
Decisions of the virtual meeting of the National Standing Committee held on 21 August 2023
Last 21 August 2023, Monday, at 8.30 pm, the virtual meeting of the National Standing Committee of Bangladesh Nationalist Party - BNP was held. The meeting was chaired by the Acting Chairman of BNP, Mr. Tarek Rahman. The members of the National Standing Committee were present in the meeting respectively:
1. Mirza Abbas
2. Babu Gayeshwar Chandra Roy
3. Dr. Abdul Moin Khan
4. Mr. Nazrul Islam Khan
5. Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir
6. Mr. Amir Khosru Mahmud Chowdhury
7. Mr. Salah Uddin Ahmed
8. Begum Selima Rahman
9. Mr. Iqbal Hasan Mahmud Tuku
After detailed discussion on the issues discussed in the meeting, the following decisions were taken.
1. In the meeting, the Secretary General informed the meeting about the progress of the implementation of the decisions taken in the National Standing Committee's virtual meeting held last August 14.
2. In the meeting, the resignation of the illegal, looter, fascist government, the dissolution of the parliament, the formation of a new election commission and the formation of a new election commission, the black flag march on the north and south of Dhaka city on Friday 25th August 2023 and 26th August 2023 the black flag rally program will be held in all major cities of the country.
3. In the meeting, on August 18, 2023, the arrest operation of intelligence forces at the BNP office, the obstruction of the peaceful march of the BNP in different parts of the country including Habiganj, Narayanganj by the police, and the despicable terrorist activity of injuring more than 400 leaders and activists were expressed. When the people are spontaneously supporting and participating in the peaceful movement of the people against the illegal government, this kind of brutal police and Awami terrorists are attacking and trying to sabotage the democratic movement of the people's just demands.
In the meeting, it was strongly condemned that 6 Chhatra Dal leaders were kept missing for 48 hours and later arrested and later sent to court, 2 were remanded and 4 were sent to jail. The immediate release of all arrested leaders-workers and withdrawal of all cases is demanded.
4. In the meeting, the Dhaka North City Corporation condemned the incredible fraud in the importation of Aedes mosquito repellent. The meeting feels that such fraud and corruption are heinous crimes. The concerned persons are demanded to be brought under the law through an impartial investigation. The meeting felt that the mayor of Dhaka North City Corporation should resign for failing to fulfill his duties.
5. In the meeting, the observance of Rohingya Genocide Day on 25 August 2023 was discussed. The meeting considers that the brutal attack and massacre of the Rohingya Muslim community in Rakhine by the Myanmar army nearly 10 years ago is the worst crime against humanity in modern history. Along with this, this illegal government has failed to take any effective measures to solve the crisis caused by about 1 million Rohingya children, men and women taking refuge as refugees in Bangladesh. It is urged to take all kinds of diplomatic initiatives to ensure the Rohingya refugees' immediate return to their homeland by confirming their citizenship in Myanmar.
6. In the meeting, everyone was called upon to make the program successful on the occasion of the 45th anniversary of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party-BNP on September 1.
7. At the end of the meeting, the president thanked everyone and adjourned the meeting.
Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir
Bangladesh Nationalist Party – BNP